Thursday, October 1, 2015

Slippers for a Sister


Some months ago my foster sister Gayle flipped me the link to these slippers and asked me to make her a pair in the colours shown here. I agreed to do so, and tracked down the Ravelry page for them. They proved to be the Non-felted Slippers, designed by Yuko Nakamura, and to be a free pattern.





I couldn't have easily tracked down the yarn used in the sample shot above, so I went with Bernat Softee Chunky in Grey Ragg and Grey Heather. The slippers took just two evenings to make and though I don't like the yarn I used as well as the sample yarn they turned out pretty cute. I tried them on once for size and found them snug, which was ideal, as Gayle's feet are a full size smaller than mine. I also found that they would definitely stay securely on the feet, which should make them quite wearable. Then I duly wrapped them up and mailed them off to my sister, whose Facebook response was all delight and emoticons.

No comments:

Post a Comment