Saturday, February 6, 2016

Capelet Caper


This project's starting point was my desire to use up the 230 grams of Diamond Luxury Collection Llama Silk I had left over after making a coat from it last year. To find out what pattern options I had that would suit that quantity and type of yarn, I searched Ravelry for patterns that used that quantity and type of yarn, then browsed the possibilities. I can't be grateful enough for Ravelry's wonderful search functionality. Whatever your specific pattern needs are, Ravelry makes it easy for its members to zero in on the perfect one.





This was the pattern I chose. It is the Amber's Cape pattern, designed by Cherry Darling. I thought it would be useful as I could wear it as either a cowl or a capelet.





And here's the result. I'm fairly well pleased with it, though I haven't quite been able to figure out how to style it. It needs to go over something with clean lines and without much of a collar, and of course can only be worn with certain colours. But it's no big deal if I don't wear it much, as it took me just a few evenings to make it and cost so little -- I only had to buy the pattern and the buttons for it.

This project used up 215 grams of stash yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment